Saturday, August 9, 2014

81 and Blogcation

81 is completely quilted now! I wanted to take a picture of the entire hexagon quilt but will need to recruit two tall people to help out! When I find them and can take a decent picture I will share it with you. For now this is the best that I can do!


It looks wonderful from the back. Here's a bit of the dark border with baskets from the back.


The next step is to make and attach a hanging sleeve and a label for my quilt!

UPDATE: The inspiration for my quilt was an antique quilt. Angie asked if I would be willing to share my pattern and I would be pleased to do so. Stay tuned and I'll try to have it ready for you in the early Fall!

It is blogcation time for me! I'll be off for the next two weeks but will be back on Friday, August 22 with Block 10 of the Value Proposition Hexagon Quilt Along and hopefully I'll have a block or two from my Lozagon quilt to share

and perhaps Good Golly Miss Mollie (my version of the Godstone Grannies coverlet) will have some quilting!

I hope you are enjoying your summer and that you find time to take a few stitches! Until August 22, happy sewing!
Karen H

25 comments:

  1. Hi Karen
    Stunning job on 81! It is so beautiful. You sure do deserve a blogcation. We will miss you while you are gone. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 81 looks fabulous Karen - love the photo of the back too. Enjoy your vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 81 and Good Golly Miss Mollie both look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see everyone is in love with your quilts!!! as they should be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quiting of the 81 is beautiful! I am still in love with your GG-version and also the Lozagon-quilt looks great.
    Have a really good holiday and enjoy it.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the quilting on 81 is gorgeous - what a beautiful quilt!! Good Golly Miss Molly is also gorgeous. Have a nice time away from blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just so lovely as always-you must feel so good now that it is finished

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous quilt! Are you going to share your version of the pattern? Have a wonderful, restful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be more than happy to share my version of the quilt. Stay tuned and I'll work on it!

      Delete
  9. 81 looks fabulous, also the back is spectacular!
    Have a lovely vacation time.
    Evelyne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on finishing the quilting on 81, just stunning! Have a happy blogcation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word! 81 is stunning. What an accomplishment

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the basket border - the quilting is really adding the perfect texture to it! You've inspired me to do some EPP. I started a table topper inspired from a photo of floor tiles in July - only about a dozen rosettes done now, but good progress for my take-along project!
    Enjoy the blogcation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome work Karen! Have a great elaxing time off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quilts are INCREDIBLE!!! Have an awesome vacation, but DO come back!! ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. 81 is gorgeous and the quilting is amazing! Enjoy the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your name for the GG quilt top---absolutely love this design. Your quilting on the 81 is fabulous, with so much texture!!! What a grand finish for this quilt. The center of the Lozenges quilt top is quite interesting. Hope you get some relaxation. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWWWWEEE!!! Your quilt is fabulous! You deserve a vacation after all that quilting.
    Enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It doesn't matter how many times I look at your work it still amazes me. Enjoy your blogcation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Exactly! I totally agree with Jo...so glad to be inspired by you!! I hope your vacation is fun and rejuvenating! Looking forward to those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Karen, it is truly beautiful!!! Has GG Miss Mollie been miraculously transformed during your blog vacation? Looks like your Lozagon is going to be a very pretty quilt. Like your fabric choices. Hope you have enjoyed your break.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOWSER!!! 81 is gorgeous in every way...

    ReplyDelete