Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October Block of the Month and a new Gallery of my work

It's time for a new block of the month pattern! As always I draw my inspiration from Canadian artwork. This month the painting I selected is Paul Peel's The Young Gleaner also known as The Butterflies. You can see the pattern here.


This is a fast easy block that makes good use of scraps. The block finishes at 6" square. My pattern calls for soft buttery yellows for the butterflies and browns, beiges and greys for the remaining patches. It would be fun to swap half square triangles OR swap 3 1/2" brown patches with friends to add variety to your blocks.


The blocks can be alternated with soft tone-on-tone blue squares that measure 6 1/2". The quilt would work up very quickly and I think it would make a great non-gender specific quilt. I hope you enjoy this pattern.



My collection of Tiny World Make-Do Pincushions is growing (it is a small neighbourhood at this point) so I thought they deserved their own page on this block. I've set up a new Gallery of my little house pincushions and will add to it as my world grows! To view all of the pincushions just click on the tab Tiny World Pincushion Gallery at the top of this page.


 
My Lazy Punk quilt is quilted and just needs to be bound. I'll post pictures tomorrow! Until I post again, happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment